Good Morning, Coffee Lovers! How have you been doing? How’s the caffeine treating you? Letting you survive each day, we hope. We know that a lot of you beautiful people love coffee to an extent, but did you know how it’s made around the world? It’s quite interesting and will make your taste buds tingle (OBVIOUSLY). With that said, let’s grab an aromatic cup of coffee and read ahead!
- India: Indian filter coffee, which is extremely popular in the south, is very slowly brewed using a special filter device and served in a metal tumbler. Extremely potent, it is usually mixed with milk and sugar before being enjoyed. (Oh, you lovely thing!)
- Cuba: Coffee has been an integral part of life in Cuba since the 18th century. A café Cubano is a sweet and strong espresso which is mixed with sugar while it brews.
- Japan: In Japan, both hot and cold coffee is readily available in cans from vending machines and supermarkets.
- Mexico: Café de olla is a delicious spiced coffee, flavored with a cinnamon stick and an unrefined sugar called piloncillo. The drink is traditionally served in clay pots, which are said to impart a slightly earthy taste to the drink. (OMG!)
- Vietnam: Iced coffee is enjoyed all over the world. In Vietnam, the drink is usually made with dark roast coffee and sweetened condensed milk. (Busy drooling…)
- Ethiopia: It is the birthplace of coffee. Women often spend 2-3 hours making the coffee, from roasting the beans to serving it to family and guests and use a special spouted pot known as a jebena to make it. Talk about traditions!
- Turkey: A Turkish proverb tells us that “Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love”. Making the perfect Turkish cup involves boiling extremely finely-ground coffee beans in a pot known as a cevze, with sugar and water, before pouring the drink into small cups. Just wow!
- Austria: There’s nothing better than relaxing in a beautiful Austrian coffee house with a wiener melange – a delicious cappuccino-style drink of coffee topped with milk foam. Holy mother of coffee! ❤️
Super cool, isn’t it? This surely calls for a re-fill! What say? 😉
Question to all the coffee aficionados out there! Don’t you agree to this fact that coffee is your ultimate lifeline? Ever imagined a world without coffee? Let’s not even go there, right? To those who agree without hesitation or a thought that this is a fact after all, cheers! But, to those who did hesitate to answer this thinking, “Really?”- below are few of the major reasons why coffee is craved by so many.
Let’s begin with having mind blowing conversations over it. There are always beautiful and memorable memories behind a cuppa’ coffee. For instance, a date. Though this is a modern world where dates happen at a bar or at a diner, a simple date over a hot cup of coffee is not quite dead yet (YAY). Most cafés and coffee shops have art on the walls, music playing and various topics to talk about as you grab your caffeine fix. This can be great material for your conversation.
Then, we have the serious dragging business meetings? Solution: COFFEE! Caffeine helps you focus better. It is a stimulant that makes you more alert and awake. Nobody wants to discuss business with someone who is sluggish or distracted, right? Just one cup of regular coffee might be all you need to get physically/mentally set for the meet and raise the tempo of your discussion.
How about that dreadful Sunday morning? Sunday morning can be despised by some, after the Saturday night party- when you are super hungover and feeling energy-less after being pumped up the whole night…rings a bell? Lemon juice can only be a temporary feel good remedy. But coffee can make your Sunday morning so lively and amazing that you are going to forget that you ever were having ‘them blues.’
When you are chilling with yourself in peace, you must try this deadly combo of happiness. Something you love doing (reading a good book maybe?) + Coffee = Peace of mind. There is this uncanny connection between books and coffee that goes beyond the feeling of coziness induced when we wrap one hand around a warm mug and use the other hand to turn the pages of whatever you are reading. It is a lovely feeling that no words can do justice to. You should just check it out and see for yourself.
Coffee is pure pleasure and satisfaction redefined- can’t deny it. This can go on and on, you know? There is no end to describe why coffee is literally your lifeline and can make this world a much better place- always, any day, anywhere and anytime!
As the poet R.M. Engelhardt once wrote, “A cup of coffee is this little thing that can get us through this sometimes weary world and all the rainy days.”